Wanted: Customer Service Assistant/Packer
Note this job advert has expired.
(Part time, permanent role)
If you like variety, are good on the phone and not scared by technology, this might be the perfect job for you.
We need someone who’s up for this lot:
- Answering the phone with a smile - even at the end of a long day.
- Helping customers who may not know exactly which books they want – and might be a bit hard of hearing.
- Dealing with a big stack of post - entering orders on to our computer system without mistakes.
- Replying to emails and letters - a mixture of simple ones ordering a book and trickier ones with questions you might need to think about. (A pretty decent level of English is important.)
- Coping with the occasional grumpy customer - and being so nice to them they end up happy after all. (Most of our customers are lovely - but there’s always the occasional one who’s having a bad day...)
- We don’t expect you to be a full on tech whizz but it’d be helpful if you’re comfortable using the kind of kit we write about - a tablet or smartphone.
- Packing books and receipts with no mistakes to go off to the customers in the post.
- You’ll need to be generally switched on and have a good level of attention to detail and we’re really looking for someone who’s naturally a helpful, friendly person.
- During busy periods we need you to be able to react, keep up the pace and sometimes work extra hours, including weekends.
- There’ll also be various other tasks that come up along the way – you’ll need to be prepared to get stuck in.
You will need to be someone who can get on with a job without constant supervision (once you’re properly trained, of course).
The hours aren't set in stone yet, but we expect we'll need you somewhere between 15-20 hours per week (If you're available to work Saturdays then potentially more).
What about us? We’re a small business in Millom (10 people before you join). We write, publish and sell books about technology for novices - for example books about PCs, tablets, smartphones mainly aimed at older people. We sell direct, so our customers ring up, post an order form or order online and we send the books to them.
Everyone here is friendly and we don’t have “office politics”. Oh, and I should say we have a habit of developing people and giving them extra responsibility.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, send a CV along with covering letter saying why you think you’re the right person for the job to Laura Pattinson, 13B Devonshire Road Estate, Millom, Cumbria LA18 4JS or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Friday 21st December.