Wanted: Customer Service Assistant/Packer
(Part time, permanent role)
If you like variety, have the patience of a saint, are good on the phone and not scared by technology, this might be the perfect job for you.
We need someone who’s up for this lot:
- Answering the phone with a smile - even at the end of a long day.
- Helping customers who may not know exactly which books they want – and might be a bit hard of hearing.
- Dealing with a big stack of post - entering orders on to our computer system without mistakes.
- Replying to emails and letters - a mixture of straight forward ones from customers ordering a book, to trickier ones with questions you might need to think about. (A pretty decent level of English is important.)
- Coping with the occasional grumpy customer - and being so nice to them they end up happy after all. (Most of our customers are lovely - but there’s always the occasional one who’s having a bad day...)
- Packing books and receipts with no mistakes to go off to the customers in the post.
- We don’t expect you to be a full on tech whizz but it’d be helpful if you’re comfortable using the kind of kit we write about - PCs, tablets and smartphones. If you consider yourself a bit of a "techy" please let us know in your application, we'd love to hear more about your skills - it could lead to a more full time position.
- You’ll need to be switched on, have excellent attention to detail and we’re really looking for someone who’s naturally a helpful, friendly person.
- During busy periods we need you to be able to react, keep up the pace, prioritise your work and sometimes work extra hours, including weekends.
- There’ll also be various other tasks that come up along the way – you’ll need to be prepared to get stuck in.
- You will need to be someone who can get on with a job without constant supervision (once you’re properly trained, of course).
The hours are 24 hours per week split into 3 days - Monday, Wed & Thursday 9am to 5:30pm with an ½ hour unpaid lunch break.
(If these days don’t work for you we could consider other working days, just let us know) If you're available to work Saturdays then potentially more hours are available.
Salary is £17,219 pro rata (£11,020 based on 24 hours)
What about us? We’re a small mail order business in Millom (10 people before you join) and we started business in 2005.
We write, publish and sell books about technology for novices - for example books about PCs, tablets, smartphones mainly aimed at older people. We sell direct, so our customers ring up, post an order form or order online and we send the books to them. You won’t find us in book shops or on Amazon.
Everyone here is friendly and we don’t have “office politics”. Oh, and I should say we have a habit of developing people and giving them extra responsibility.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, send a CV along with covering letter saying why you think you’re the right person for the job to Emma Dawson, 13B Devonshire Road Estate, Millom, Cumbria LA18 4JS or by email to email@example.com
The closing date is Monday 22nd July.