Next Steps on your PC, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone (Vol 1 and 2)
*Please select which books you would like to order from the dropdown list and click or tap "Add to Basket".
There are certain things most people want to do with their tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs.
And once you know HOW, they aren't particularly hard. But until you've been properly shown how, they can be really tricky.
Which is why these books explain it all in plain simple language, with pictures of the screen to show you exactly what to do.
They aren't for absolute complete beginners (the "One Step at a Time" books are best if you're a complete beginner). These books assume you can do things like use the mouse on a PC or tap the screen if you're using a tablet or phone. But they do explain things nice and simply - they're certainly not aimed at experts either.
There are two volumes - cunningly called Volume 1 and Volume 2. You can order them separately, or buy both together – just choose from the dropdown menu and then click "Add to basket". Have a look at the contents pages for what's in each book.
For example, in Vol 1 of Next Steps on your PC, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone, you’ll discover:
- What the difference is between using an app to do something and using the website.
- What might happen if you shake your tablet (whether it’s out of frustration… or because you know this odd little trick).
- On a PC, this trick will often let me help people even when they’re stuck in a program I’ve never seen before in my life! (The book also covers the equivalent for tablets and smartphones).
- Have you ever been sure you saved something to your phone or tablet but don’t know how to find it? You wouldn’t be alone! This trick will help you track it down.
- People talk about “The Cloud” – and 9 out of 10 of them couldn’t even tell you what it is. (I have a sneaking suspicion some of the others would get it wrong, too). Here’s a nice, simple explanation that makes sense. It also explains the 4 reasons why you might want to actually use it.
- 7 ways you can use Bluetooth – and the way I use it nearly every day.
- What “Honey” and a badger have got to do with browsing the internet, and how to use them to save money and keep your browsing secure and private.
And there’s more in Next Steps on your PC, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone Vol 2:
- Sharing photos with friends and family – my cousin used one of the services in the book to make a lovely present for my mum.
- Designing and sending your own greetings cards – even if you don’t have a printer!
- Printing labels – whether you want a whole page of identical labels (eg with your new address on when you move) or lots of different ones (maybe for Christmas cards).
- Creating documents: from formal letters to posters for club events, plans for trips, club newsletters or anything else – all using free programs and apps.
- The special trick that makes all sorts of documents easier to do a good job of.
- A single website that lets you do all sorts – from claiming your pension, to ordering a new passport to taxing your car. You can do it all online these days.
Both Next Steps books are suitable for:
- Apple iPhone & iPads
- Android phones & tablets
- Windows 10 & 11
- Doro Smartphones