Meeting People Online
Find friendship, find love, find other folk with the same weird & wonderful interests as you (whether you want to meet up in real life or keep it all online)
In this book you’ll discover:
- You’ve heard of Facebook, I’m sure. It’s a great way to keep in touch – but you can also use it as a way to meet new people and groups. Whether it’s groups of people into particular hobbies or interests (book clubs, gardening groups, craft or hobby groups) or local groups – almost anything you can think of.
- Forums are a great way to meet people with a similar interest. You can discuss things online… and quite a lot of forums have real-world meet-ups as well… and you might find there are a handful of people also into under-water basket weaving or whatever you’re interested in that live nearby… and you’d have never even known!
- Some bits of jargon explained – you might not know what “NGD” or “TIC” means or what a “whoosh parrot” is – this book has an explanation (and what to do if you come across other bits of jargon like this)
- Online dating – it’s becoming more and more popular. And despite some of the stories you hear, not every attractive, interesting sounding person who lives half an hour away is actually a Russian mafia gangster bent on conning you out of your very soul. In chapter 3 you’ll find out all about it – the pros, cons, how it works and some advice if you feel like you might want to try it – including a few different “dating apps” that you could try and which ones are best for what.
- My advice before you commit to using any of the dating sites.
- Joining a local club – instead of looking on local noticeboards, you can do this… you might be surprised at some of the clubs that exist near you that you never knew about.
- If you’ve ever thought about volunteering for anything, this book might help you get stuck in… and get more out of it.
That’s not all of course… but I can’t list everything here. Not that you have to use everything in the book – you can pick and choose the bits that are useful to you.
Best order now. After all, if you're not happy with it when you get it, for any reason, then just send it back for a full, no quibble refund.
This book goes particularly well with Making the Miles Fade
You don’t have to have the books as a pair – but it might help you get even more out of them.
These books are suitable for Apple iPhone/iPad, Android phones/tablets & Windows 10 laptops and PCs.